Donate to ReForest London
Help support our programs and keep the forest in "The Forest City"!
ReForest London Newsletter
How do I get involved as a Community Group?
ReForest London challenges your community group to plant trees in your neighbourhood. ReForest London matches funds raised by your group (minimum of $1,000, maximum $2,000), making your resources go farther. Your community group chooses where to plant the trees within the framework of the StraTreegic Plan, which includes backyards, streets, parks, and natural areas.
Not part of a community organization? Join one, or start a new one! We welcome neighbourhood associations, condominium corporations, Boy Scouts and Girl Guides, seniors groups, religious groups, student/school groups - any group that wants to plant trees in London.
Here's how the process works:
- You gather support for your project among your group. Remember, your group doesn't have to be a "legal" group, just a group of people wanting to get some trees planted in London.
- Contact us at email@example.com or 936-9548. We'll arrange a meeting with your group and come to your location to tell you more about the program and to talk specifics about your project idea. If appropriate, we'll take a walk around the location where you'd like to do the project.
- After an initial meeting, we create a project plan and budget to propose to you. In the meantime, your group raises or gathers $1,000 minimum - and up to $2,000 - that will be matched dollar for dollar by ReForest London. We can help you with fund raising ideas.
- Once we've agreed on a project plan and you've completed or gotten a start on your fund raising, you complete this Community Organization Agreement (Word doc). The document asks you to
- explain your project, what you want to plant and where you will plant it
- what your organization's plan is to maintain the trees in the coming years.
This document is due by February 15 for all spring planting projects and by August 15 for all fall planting projects. ReForest London's Projects Review Committee reviews and approves or denies the project plan.
- We mutually set the date for the project. If it is a project where volunteers will be involved, your group is responsible for planning the day and recruiting volunteers. We'll help get the word out. If it is a project where volunteers aren't involved (i.e., only large trees are being planted), ReForest London will arrange for the trees to be planted.
- Trees are planted, we all take a deep breath and smile from the cleaner air, more beautiful landscape and healthier community.
- Your community group cares for the trees by watering, weeding and mulching them for at least 2 years.