Plant with us, help keep London green.
ReForest London is hosting a tree planting on May 28th at Dingman Park.
NOTE: Dingman is a very wet planting site. Please remember to bring waterproof footwear and be prepared for a more rugged planting experience!
To keep all staff and tree planters safe, we limit the number of volunteers at each event. Anyone who wants to plant trees must register in advance. This will allow us to ensure that we have enough trees for all volunteers to participate.
No planting experience is necessary, as our staff and Planting Leader volunteers will provide training on-site.
We plant rain or shine but if it looks like a thunder and lightning storm, we do cancel plantings – so please check our website or Facebook page on the day if you are unsure. We will email all guests who have registered if we must cancel the event.
We look forward to seeing the trees we’ll plant together grow and put the “forest” back in Forest City. Thank you again for your support of a greener and healthier community.
For more information about tree planting and tree giveaways with ReForest London visit reforestlondon.ca
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Rose at [email protected] or 519-936-9548 x 221.
Here are some tips to help you have a great volunteer experience:
- Be prompt – we’ll teach you how to plant trees at the beginning of the event.
- Wear sturdy shoes – no sandals or flip-flops, please.
- Wear clothing appropriate to the weather – we plant rain or shine! Don’t forget sunscreen.
- Bring water – we’ll have a jug to refill your reusable bottle.
- Bring a shovel if you have one, but we have many to lend you if you don’t.
- High school students can earn volunteer hours at our events. Don’t forget your forms!
- Consider walking, cycling, carpooling, or taking the bus to our events.
- Some of our locations are tricky to find – Please look at our maps and watch for posted white signs directing you to the planting locations.
- We do cancel plantings due to inclement weather – so please check our website or Facebook page on the day-of if you are unsure.
Together, we are making a difference – one tree at a time!