If you are a skilled writer and like to take photos, we have a job for you. We seek individuals who can attend our tree planting and other events to take photos and/or write stories. By talking with event-goers and writing articles, we can post your work on our website, on social media or in our newsletter.
We especially need Storytellers for Tree Plantings in spring and fall since staff are very busy monitoring the plantings and have little time to take notes.
Responsibilities & Time Commitment
- Attend tree plantings or other events and compose short articles about them.
- Interview volunteers and attendees
- Write down quotes
- Take pictures at the event
- Email stories to us
- Research and compose articles on topics determined by staff, such as our Tree of the Month
Time Commitment: Typically, Storytellers spend 2 hours at events collecting details and taking pictures. Additional time is necessary to write, edit and upload stories and photos. Minimum of 1-2 stories per year.
ReForest London Orientation (1 hour)
Writing experience is an asset. If taking photos, you will need to supply your own camera and have experience taking digital photos.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Time management skills
No other requirements.
Please fill out our volunteer application form and indicate “Storyteller” as an area of interest.