We are a nonprofit organization with the mission to plant and protect trees through community partnerships and education in London, Ontario. We seek to enhance environmental and human health in the ‘Forest City’ through the benefits of trees and by inspiring and empowering Londoners to plant and care for trees.
Empower community groups, businesses and individuals to plant and care for trees to help build a healthier London.
Improve London’s environmental health through planting trees and shrubs in natural areas, parks, industrial land, commercial properties, yards and along streets.
Educate Londoners about the importance of trees and of being good environmental stewards.
Our CORE Values
- Proactively explore ways of partnering.
- Share our talents and strengths and lean into those of others.
- Generously offer support to our colleagues and partners.
- Bring passion and excitement to fulfilling our mission.
- Celebrate successes.
- Look for hope and learning in the face of challenges and opportunities.
- Engage with a spirit of fun.
- Value diversity of experiences, opinions and perspectives.
- Invest time and energy in creating quality relationships.
- Being transparent in sharing intentions and information.
- Care to have difficult conversations.
- Encourage shared leadership.
- Mobilize community participation.
- Inspire people to be champions for trees.
- Empower people through learning and knowledge sharing.
In January 2005, in a ceremony led by Mayor Anne Marie DeCicco, ReForest London was officially launched with the planting of a new spruce tree in Victoria Park. This could not have been achieved without a generous grant from the Ontario Trillium Foundation and financial support from London Community Foundation, TD Friends of the Environment and the Wetland Habitat Fund.
The launching of ReForest London established a mandate to improve London’s environmental health by planting trees in the community – along streets, in backyards, in parks, and in natural areas – and provide expertise and funding for groups to plant trees in their own neighbourhoods.
Please visit Our Roots for more information on our beginnings and our 10th year anniversary.
Westminster Ponds Centre
ReForest London launched the Westminster Ponds Centre for Environment & Sustainability in October 2019. The Centre will be a hub for promoting environmental excellence, sustainability, health and wellbeing across our region by co-creating resources, services and impactful programming.
Please visit Westminster Ponds Centre for more information.
To learn more about ReForest London and our past successes, sponsors, volunteers and financial records, please view our Annual Reports and Financial Statements.
RFL’s Charitable Number