Tree Teachers are ReForest London’s speakers. Tree Teachers visit community groups and schools to speak about native trees, invasive insect species and the importance of trees. They help spread the word about ReForest London’s work and the benefits of trees.
Responsibilities & Time Commitment
- Visiting community groups and schools to teach lessons about trees and tree related information.
Time Commitment: Must attend one Tree Teacher shift a year (or more).
- Prerequisite: Please take ReForest London Orientation before attending this training
- Time Commitment: Tree Teacher training consists of one 2 hour classroom session.
- Our Expectations: If you become a Tree Teacher, we expect you to sign up for ONE shift a year (but feel free to do more).
For additional information regarding this specialized role, please view our Volunteer Resources.
No previous experience required.
- Good communication skills
- Strong public speaking skills
- Ability to interact with strangers
- Strong knowledge of trees and ReForest London
- Ability to get to locations throughout London
If you are interested in this volunteer role then you may also want to check out our Community Liaison and Storyteller roles.
Please fill out our volunteer application form and indicate “Tree Teacher” as an area of interest.