Make London leafier by planting more trees, and don't forget to register them at milliontrees.ca!
Keeping the Forest in the Forest City takes more than tree planting alone!
Summer Aftercare Events
Keeping the Forest in the Forest City takes more than tree planting alone. Caring for trees during their first few years is essential to the success of a naturalization project, and ReForest London needs your help! Our Tree Specialists will help you to identify the weeds that need to be removed around the trees, as well as identifying which grasses need to be covered in mulch around the trees so that they can retain moisture.
Come join us over the summer months to participate in our aftercare events to keep London healthy and leafy.
No experience, training or volunteer registration is required to attend an aftercare event. We'll teach you everything you need to know at the beginning of the event.
Aftercare Poster: Download the Aftercare Poster (pdf version) to share with family and friends, post in your neighbouhood, and at your workplace.
Aftercare Event Dates:
|Wednesday, July 6||6:00-8:00pm||
Chesham Heights Park
|Wednesday, July 13||6:00-8:00pm||
|Monday, July 18||6:00-8:00pm||
White Oaks Park
|Wednesday, July 20||6:00-8:00pm||
Marr Drain Park
|Tuesday, July 26||6:00-8:00pm||
|Wednesday, July 27||6:00-8:00pm||
|Wednesday, August 3||6:00-8:00pm||
Longo Custom Kitchens
|Wednesday, August 10||6:00-8:00pm||Veterans Memorial Parkway @ Oxford
Stormwater Pond at the North East Corner of Veterans Memorial Parkway @ Oxford
Park on Robins Hill Rd (Near 15590 Robins Hill Rd.)
|Thursday, August 11||6:00-8:00pm||Mildred Barons Park
444 Kathleen Ave.
|Tuesday, August 16||6:00-8:00pm||White Oaks Optimist Park
560 Bradley Ave.
|Wednesday, August 17||6:00-8:00pm||Murray Marr West
3526 Dingman Dr.
Park at the corner of Meg Dr. and Hamley Rd. Walk east on Hamley Rd. to where it meets Shamrock Rd.
|Wednesday, August 24||6:00-8:00pm||Celebration Forest
944 Western Counties Rd.
Here are some tips to help you have a great volunteer experience:
- Be prompt – we’ll teach you how to plant trees at the beginning of the event.
- Wear sturdy shoes – no sandals or flip-flops please.
- Wear clothing appropriate to the weather – we plant rain or shine! Don’t forget sunscreen.
- Bring water – we’ll have a jug to refill your reusable bottle.
- Bring a shovel if you have one, but we have many to lend you if you don’t.
- Secondary students can earn volunteer hours at our events. Don’t forget your forms!
- Consider walking, cycling, carpooling, or taking the bus to our events.
- Some of our locations are tricky to find. Please look at our maps and watch for posted white signs directing you to the planting locations.
- We do cancel plantings due to inclement weather, so please check day-of on Facebook and our website if you are unsure.
Amanda Lockwood, Projects Assistant & Aftercare Coordinator
Phone: 519-936-9548 x 225
News & Eventsmore
Donate to ReForest London
Help support our programs and keep the forest in "The Forest City"!