Established on May 29th, 2011, the Celebration Forest is an ongoing naturalization project sponsored by donors who wish to plant trees in memory or in celebration of loved ones. Each year, hundreds of trees are planted in memory and in celebration making a living, breathing monument to its Honourees. The Forest is added to annually, with each year being assigned a signature native tree. For an introduction to the Celebration Forest, please watch this short video.
Tree Planting Ceremony
In early Spring or Fall, ReForest London will hold an annual Tree Planting Ceremony, which is conducted outdoors at the Celebration Forest. The six-hectare site, situated near ReForest London’s headquarters in the Westminster Ponds Environmentally Significant Area, was established by St. Joseph’s HealthCare and London Health Sciences Centre. The event begins with a brief ceremony to recognize Tree Gift Honourees, followed by a tree planting demonstration and then planting of Honouree trees. Volunteers and staff will be present to ensure that each tree is planted for those who are unable to attend the ceremony or plant their own tree. This event is open to all who wish to attend, and participation in tree planting is encouraged.
- All trees will be planted on the day of the Tree Planting Ceremony by families and volunteers
- Names of the honourees will be read during the Ceremony
- Remarks from ReForest London and London Health Sciences Centre
- Brief demonstration on how to plant a tree, followed by tree planting
- Stay as long as you like to enjoy the event and plant additional trees. You may also leave after your tree is planted
- The event will close once all trees are planted
Dates for the 2022 Tree Planting Ceremony for the Celebration Forest will be announced soon.
All orders currently placed will be for the 2022 planting event.
Notification of the Tree Planting Ceremony
ReForest London will notify the Honouree or the family of the deceased of the tree gift and ceremony.
Dedication Forest Signage and online Dedication Registry
To retain the natural beauty of the Celebration Forest, individual trees are not marked in any way. Names of all recipients will be listed on our Celebration Forest signage during the planting year and listed perpetually on our website on the Dedication Registry.
Types of trees that will be planted
ReForest London plants only native trees that are appropriate for the habitats surrounding the woodland at Westminster Ponds. To retain the natural beauty of the Celebration Forest, individual trees are not marked or plaqued in any way.
These trees are native to Southwestern Ontario and grow naturally in the London area:
|Type of Plant||Common Name||Genus Species|
|Tree||Hybrid Soft Maple|
New Jersey Tea
Why Plant a Tree?
Planting a Tree Can be a healing experience to remember past loved ones. It can be a celebration of new beginnings or joyous occasions. It brings families, friends and coworkers together in a meaningful way. Finally, it helps the environment and our community.
Trees in Memory and Celebration
Each Celebration Forest Tree Gift is a healthy native tree, grown from local seed.
Donors receive the gratification of giving a meaningful and unique gift to someone special that makes a positive and lasting impact on the environment. In addition, donors will receive:
- The opportunity to send a free personal message to the gift recipient in the form of an e-card, print card, or printable certificate.
- A Charitable Tax Receipt for the full amount of their donation.
- An invitation to the Tree Planting Ceremony to see first-hand what their donation has helped create.
Tree Gift Honourees
Honourees enjoy a meaningful gift that makes a lasting benefit to the environment as well as the following:
- A personalized e-card, print card, or certificate (chosen by Donor) to memorialize your gift.
- Invitations to the Tree Planting Ceremony for you, your friends and your family to plant your tree.
- Your name listed (if desired) on the Celebration Forest signage and perpetually on the ReForest London website.
Many businesses use the tree gift program to recognize clients as well as employees. It is a thoughtful way to recognize an individual or team.
Ordering a Tree
Please note that all trees purchased after August 14th 2021 will be planted in 2022.
You may order a tree in Memory or in Celebration online or by phone at 519-936-9548, X 221.
Contact Information | Location
The forest is located in London, Ontario, adjacent to the Westminster Ponds Environmentally Significant Area, behind St. Joseph’s Health Care London’s Parkwood Institute. It can be accessed by car, bike or foot on Western Counties Road. The London Transit bus #6 ends at Parkwood Hospital and is about a one kilometre walk to the Celebration Forest entrance.
For any questions you may have or to order a tree, please contact Rose Pfeifer, Tree Gift Coordinator, [email protected], 519-936-9548 X 221
The Celebration Forest is a partnership with ReForest London, the London Health Sciences Centre (LHSC), St Joseph’s Health Care (SJHC) and other partners with interests in Westminster Ponds lands. The health care organizations have pledged this land as part of their ongoing commitment to the health of southwestern Ontario’s people and environment.