We all want a cleaner, greener, and healthier London. If you’re looking to take a more active role in creating that, we now have a volunteer position open that might be a great fit for you! At ReForest London, we are currently recruiting a volunteer Treasurer of the Board of Directors who will also serve as Chair of the Finance Committee, to share their expertise with us in support of London’s environmental and human health.
Learn more about the position below, and be sure to apply if you are interested or share this with people you know who might be a great fit!
Our Finance Committee is a hands-on team, with members working together to build financial policies and practices for ReForest London’s growing projects and to oversee financial budgeting and reporting. The committee consists of 2-3 Board Directors and 3-6 committee members. The committee undertakes project and objectives in alignment with ReForest London’s strategic plan, as well as tackling emergent issues as they develop. There are lots of opportunities to build new skills and knowledge.
The role of Treasurer is also a member of the Board of Directors of ReForest London. The Board comprises up to 15 directors.
– Chair the Finance Committee in the accomplishment of its annual objectives.
– Facilitate Finance Committee review and oversight of financial budgets, reporting, and external audit and ensure provision of finance and compliance information to the Board of Directors.
– Act as a signing officer for the corporation.
– Oversee and help ensure ReForest London’s compliance with Canada Revenue Agency requirements as a charity and as a social enterprise.
– As a Board Director, contribute to the leadership team, setting strategy and providing community oversight of ReForest London in the delivery of its mission.
Who are we looking for?
You are passionate about creating a greener and more sustainable future. You know great community impact relies on great organizational foundations and tackling new opportunities. You are looking for an opportunity to roll up your sleeves and exercise your expertise or to learn and add to your experience.
You have some of the following:
– Completion of post-secondary education in finance or accounting.
– Experience in budgeting, asset management, financial management, risk management, or audits.
– Critical thinking and business analysis skills.
– Initiative to undertake and independently prioritize own work.
– A passion to fuel our organization to new levels of accomplishment and to make our community even better.
– Knowledge in NPO and/or HST finance would be an asset.
– A CPA designation would be a definite asset but not necessary.
We hope to appoint a diverse committee and board that brings many perspectives and experience to share.
The Finance Committee meets the second Monday of each month for 1.5-2 hours, plus 1-2 hours of work between meetings.
The Board meets the first Tuesday of each month for 1.5-2 hours, plus 1-2 hours of work between meetings.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply online. The deadline is November 12, 2021. There is a place in this form to upload your résumé and to tell us why you are a good fit for this role.
ReForest London invites applications from all qualified individuals. ReForest London is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion, and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
If you have any questions about this position, please reach out to: [email protected]
We look forward to receiving your application!