Not sure what tree to choose to plant in your yard?
1. Click here to download “A Beginner’s Guide to Choosing a Tree for Your Yard”, a booklet created by ReForest London to help you identify the conditions in your backyard and how to choose the best tree. This booklet is family-friendly and can be completed with the help of your children! It is also suitable for beginner gardeners.
2. Once you know the conditions in your yard, you can select a tree!
Below is a chart with most of the tree species ReForest London is offering this spring. The chart lists each tree’s preference for the amount of sunlight required, soil type, and soil moisture levels.
- Ontario Tree Atlas. This website contains information about all tree species in Ontario. https://www.ontario.ca/environment-and-energy/tree-atlas/ontario-southwest
- The Morton Arboretum. This is an American website, but it has relevant information about a lot of trees that grow in our region.
- Video showing you how to perform a soil test:
- Webpage by ReForest London with some information about choosing the right species:
- Webinar recording by ReForest London called Seeds to Forest 201: Choosing the Right Tree: